This article provides information on how to use this service in English for those moving to Japan from overseas.
Japan, the country you’ve always dreamed of living in! But living space in the city center might be smaller than you expected…
There are incredible things about Japan that you can see when you live here, such as how precise things are (e.g., home deliveries and food deliveries arriving on time). On the other hand, you may have trouble finding properties in central Tokyo large enough to store all of your belongings. If you want to live comfortably in Japan, using personal storage spaces for items you do not use daily or for large household items is a great idea.
If you’re moving from overseas, klassy trunk rooms are the way to go!
There are two types of trunk rooms in Japan: rental and delivery. The rental type is like renting another room, and the contract procedures are complicated, so we recommend the delivery type for those who are moving to a new area and need to leave their belongings somewhere else. At klassy, a delivery-type trunk room service, you can easily apply for a quote by yourself from your smartphone or PC.
Simply register as a member with your e-mail address and register the items you would like to store on your account page. Pack your boxes before the pickup date. Payment is easy with a credit card or web-based payment. You can also easily place an order through your account page.
In addition, you can use your smartphone or PC to store and retrieve large household goods such as furniture and home appliances, just like a home delivery service. Our staff at klassy will do all pickups and deliveries, and even disassemble/reassemble beds and other furniture and remove/install washing machines free of charge. (However, there is a charge for disassembling and reassembling special furniture.) We also collect and dispose of unwanted items, so please contact us for more information!
Our service is also excellent for temporary storage during a move!
Some people have trouble finding a place to put their belongings for a fixed period, from a few days to a few months, because of moving dates, property contracts, or other reasons. With klassy, you can request pickup and delivery, store your belongings for less than a month, or temporarily store your items until you move from your current residence to a new one.
Those who are temporarily staying at a hotel or a friend’s house for a fixed period can stay comfortably without having to move a large amount of luggage with them. For those who want to settle in after moving in gradually or who are not sure if they can store all their belongings in their rooms, we offer long-term storage for the remaining items.
How to Sign Up
Let’s create your account page and register the items you want to store!
1. Check the service details on the official klassy website
2. Use the price simulator to get a quote (calculate the price based on the number of your items and the area where you want to pick up your items)
3. Register and create your account page
4. Apply to use the service (select a room and register a credit card)
5. Register your items to be stored
6. Confirm and send your application
7. Organize and pack your belongings before the pickup date *You will not be charged until your items are stored.
Using our service: from storing to making a payment
When we contact you, drop off your items and make a payment.
8. Contact us for the pickup date and time (we will call you by the evening of the day before)
9. Pickup (klassy staff will pack your baggage and carry it out)
10. Storage of items in the warehouse (we will confirm the arrival of the items)
11. Web payment of the first month’s fee
*Billing will begin once we have delivered the items to the warehouse. *Contracts are automatically renewed monthly, with payment at the end of each month.
How to make changes From your account page
12. Change credit card information
13. Change basic information such as your address
14. Add/change your address list (pickup/shipping address)
Termination/Cancellation From your account page
15. Select items shipped and make a request
16. Schedule the delivery date (we will call you by the evening of the day before)
17. Pickup by Klassy staff
18. Payment of delivery costs upon completion of delivery
19. Cancellation request and cancellation procedure
How to use the price simulator
*You do not need to register as a member to use this service.
20. Go to the price simulator page
21. Click “+” on the baggage icon to open
22. Select the number of ites you want to store
23. Scroll down to see the following:
• The recommended room plan
• List of items you selected in step 22
• Your monthly room charge
• Fees for pickup (e.g., for the 23 wards of Tokyo)
You can easily estimate charges following these steps. First, try our price simulator.
Click here to register